The Latch M's 6 AA batteries should last 12 months under normal usage using 6 x AA Duracell non-rechargeable batteries. Managing them is simple. Just follow these steps.
Reading battery life
View device battery life using the Latch Manager or Manager App.
Battery life is refreshed every time a device is updated. If a device hasn't been updated for a while, the reported battery life could be out-of-date. If a battery hasn't been read for more than a month, it'll be reported as 'unknown', and you'll need to update the device to get a reading.
What batteries do I buy?
- 6 x AA non-rechargeable alkaline batteries
- Never mix old and new batteries. If you're replacing batteries, replace ALL the batteries with new ones of the same brand. Mixing can cause battery failure.
- Remove the Latch M's back cover
- Replace the 6 AA batteries with AA non-rechargeable alkaline batteries
- Important: Replace ALL 6 AA batteries with new batteries of the same brand. Mixing and matching new and old batteries can cause battery failure and reduced battery life
- Update the device (Important: failing to update the device after battery replacement can result in unreliable functionality). How do I update a device?