We designed Latch devices so you can easily and securely enter your space and share access with those you trust. For peace of mind, some Latch devices have a camera on their exterior that takes photos in specific situations while preserving your privacy, so you can check who entered your space and when (Latch C, Latch M, and Latch R). The Latch C2 does not have a camera.
Latch devices with cameras only take photos:
- At public doors in your building (ie. building entrance, gym, parking garage)
- When a guest enters a public or private door
- An unauthorized doorcode is entered
Who can see the photos?
Only you, those you live with, and authorized building security personnel.
Latch devices with cameras never take photos:
- When a resident enters a private residence
- When a mechanical key is used
Note: The camera is not capable of taking video.