You can activate and deactivate Keycards in Latch Manager on behalf of your residents. Residents can also activate their own Keycard through keycard.latch.com.
Activating and deactivating a Keycard on behalf of your residents
- Within Latch Manager, you can activate or deactivate a Keycard for a resident by navigating to that person's detail page, and tapping 'Activate' or 'Deactivate'.
- Once you have activated or deactivated a Keycard, an email will be sent to the user letting them know that a Keycard has been activated or deactivated on their behalf.
- When you activate or deactivate a Keycard, you will need to update any doors that are not internet connected to ensure that Keycard has been added or removed.
For security reasons, if a user has access to Latch properties that are outside of your portfolio, then you will not be allowed to activate or deactivate their Keycard on their behalf. The user will then have to self-activate or deactivate as outlined below.
Resident self-activation and self-deactivation
If you'd rather your residents manage their Keycard themselves or if a resident has access to Latch devices in a property that is not in your portfolio, then they can activate and deactivate their Keycard themselves at keycard.latch.com:
- Create their access in Latch Manager.
- Give them their Latch keycard. The card will prompt them to activate their keycard online. After activating they must open any non-internet connected doors with the Latch app before their keycard will work.
Please note: Their keycard must be activated before they open doors with the Latch app for the first time. If they've already used the Latch app to open their doors, they will be shown how to manually update their doors with the app.