It's easy to swap out or deactivate a Latch device without causing disruption. Deactivating removes all access from the device, and disassociates it from the door which it was assigned to. Once deactivated, a different door can then be reassigned to the device.
1. Deactivate the Existing Latch Device
- Ensure you have access to the door - if you don't, ask your administrator to give you access
- Using the Manager App, navigate to the devices list
- Select the door which you want to deactivate the Latch device from
- Select 'deactivate'
2. Activate a New Latch Device on the Door
- Ensure that the door name remains unchanged when programming the new Latch device. This ensures that the right people will still be able to access this door.