The Latch Intercom uses the Latch R to unlock doors and cannot unlock a door directly. To pair an Intercom with a door, you must use the Manager App and follow the below steps:
- Before installing the Latch Intercom, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which doors in the building need to be paired with the intercom to ensure you don’t get stuck during installation.
- Once the intercom has been mounted and powered on, you may scan the QR code that shows on the display using the Manager App.
- Scan the QR code located on the intercom or on the packaging and select the correct location.
- After setting the location, you will have the option to pair the intercom with the doors that Latch Operations has designated as ‘Intercom Doors.’
- Once paired, you will be able to connect the intercom to the internet.
Configuring networking for the Latch Intercom
Once you have selected the location of the Intercom and paired it with a door, you can configure the intercom for Wi-Fi by following the steps in the Manager App. For Ethernet, simply plug in the Ethernet cable and the Latch Intercom will automatically connect to the internet.