If a Nest thermostat has a status of 'Disconnected' or 'Tap to Connect,' it has disconnected from the internet and must be reconnected. You will not be able to control the thermostat using the Latch App and the information available for display will be out of date or unavailable.
We recommend attempting to reconnect the thermostat to WiFi. If reconnecting the device to the network fails or it continues to fall offline, troubleshooting of the WiFi network is required.
To reconnect your Nest thermostat to WiFi:
- Open the Latch App.
- Find the residence Door and tap 'View Smart Devices.'
- Find and tap on the thermostat in the list of devices.
- Tap on the blue 'Tap Here to Connect' link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect the Nest thermostat to WiFi. Note: You will need to locate the thermostat where it is installed on the wall. If you have more than one thermostat, please ensure you have located the correct device.
To reconnect your Google Nest E or Nest Learning Thermostat to WiFi:
- Bring up the 'Quick View' menu.
- Go to 'Settings,' then 'Network.'
- Choose your Wi-Fi network name and enter your password if prompted.
- If you continue to experience trouble with reconnecting your Nest thermostat to WiFi, please contact Latch Support for further assistance.
If these steps are unsuccessful and assistance is needed, please reach out to our Customer Support team at Support@latch.com.