Two-factor authentication ensures that you're the only person who can access your Latch Manager account, even if someone knows your email and password. If you're a Portfolio Manager, you can also enforce two-factor authentication for all Portfolio and Property Managers of your portfolio to ensure everyone is protected.
Two-factor authentication applies only to Latch Manager. A Property Manager with two-factor authentication turned on in Latch Manager will not be required to provide a two-factor authentication code when logging into the Latch App.
Turning on Two-Factor Authentication for yourself
- Navigate to your name in the top right corner of Latch Manager
- Tap 'My Account'
- Tap 'Set Up' under 'Two-Factor Authentication'
- Enter the phone number to which you'd like us to send your authentication codes
- Enter the authentication code sent to your phone number
Turning on Two-Factor Authentication for your Portfolio
- First set up Two-Factor Authentication for yourself
- Navigate to 'My Account'
- Tap 'Security Settings' under 'Two-Factor Authentication'
- Turn on Two Factor Authentication for your Portfolio at the bottom of the page