Latch is designed to let the right people in. Below are some helpful best practices and tips to ensure people have the appropriate and timely access to spaces in your building.
- Ensure your property managers and staff are educated on Latch
- Name doors correctly when creating them to avoid mistakes when giving or revoking access to them
- Make Keys: see best practices
- Ensure your property managers and staff are given specific key management permissions and device management permissions that are appropriate to their security clearance
- Add an expiration date whenever you give a Key to someone. This ensure's that their access automatically expires at the right time and ensure's no unexpected prolonged access
- Set reminders if someone's lease is coming to an end, and if applicable, extend their expiration date
- Remove someone's access if their lease is abruptly ended or they no longer require access to an area or property