Door Schedules offers Portfolio and Full Key Property Managers the ability to schedule their R2 devices to be unlocked on a regular schedule. Additionally, Managers can program their Schedule with specific exception schedules during the year to account for holidays. Optionally, Managers can implement First Unlock to ensure that a door does not switch to unlocked without a user unlocking it first, and/or Early Closure, which allows all users with access to the Door to lock it early.
Setting Up Door Schedules
To set up Door Schedules, first ensure you have at least one R2 device in your building on Firmware Version 4.0.1. You'll need to ensure that every R2 device you want to be enabled with Door Schedules is on this Firmware Version or newer. See this article to learn how to Firmware Upgrade.
- Navigate to 'Manage Settings' in Latch Mission Control and select 'Schedules' from the drop-down menu.
- Select 'Create Schedule.'
- Name your Schedule (you can apply the same schedule to as many doors as you'd like, so we recommend naming it for that group of doors, such as "Entrances," "Amenities," or "Offices.")
- Optionally choose to enable 'First Unlock' or 'Early Closure' or both.
- 'First Unlock' means that your schedule will not unlock your Door until someone with access unlocks it. Once they unlock, the door schedule will keep the Door unlocked until the schedule interval ends.
- 'Early Closure' means that all users that have access to the Door can end the schedule early, and lock the Door prior to the end of a schedule interval. This is great if you want your team to be able to lock the office early.
- Select 'Continue.'
- Set your 'Primary Schedule' and any 'Exception Schedules.'
- The 'Primary Schedule' applies each week on a rotating basis. You can choose to not set a schedule for a particular day in which case the Door will remain locked during that entire time. If you enable a schedule for a day, you can create up to 8 schedule intervals. During these intervals, the Door will remain unlocked. You must ensure that your schedules do not overlap.
- The 'Exception Schedule' applies to a specific day of the year and overwrites the entire daily schedule for that day. You can only have one exception per day, and you can only create exception schedules for days up to one year out. At this time, exception schedules do not roll over year after year, so you will need to update them.
- Select 'Continue.'
- Select the Doors to add to your Schedule.
- You can add as many Doors as you'd like, however, a Door can only have one Schedule on it. You can also change the Door Schedule by navigating to the Door page and choosing the Schedule there.
- Select 'Complete.'
- Once the Door has been updated, the Schedule will be applied.
Updating the Door After Creating a Door Schedule
If the Door is connected to the internet via WiFi, Ethernet, Hub, or Intercom, the Door will automatically update. Note that doors can take up to 30 minutes to update based on traffic.
If the Door is not connected to the internet, you or someone else will need to update the Door. See this article to learn how to update your doors.