The following covers how to install a Jasco Light Switch. If you have any questions about this process, please contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Light Switch has been installed into the wall by an electrician.
- Latch has been provided with a list of the Room types associated with the property.
- The Smart Home Property Setup steps have been completed by Latch Customer Success, including adding Rooms to Latch.
- You have access to an iPhone and the Latch Manager App.
To provision a Light Switch for use with Latch:
- Using the Manager App on your iOS device, scan the QR code located on the Light Switch and add the device to the Property, Unit, and Room.
- Press the 'Pair' button in the Manager App to place the Hub into pairing mode. The Hub will remain in pairing mode for 3 minutes.
- Restore power to the switch at the circuit breaker to place it into pairing mode. Alternatively, turn the light on, then press the on button again 10 times consecutively. The light will turn off and be placed in pairing mode.
- The pairing will commence automatically. The LED status indicator will blink as the switch scans for the Hub. It is normal to hear a clicking sound coming from the Light Switch during this time.
- Once pairing is complete you will see a success message in the Manager App and the LED on the Light Switch will stop blinking. The Light Switch will now show up in the Manager App as connected.