Welcome to your smartest install yet. Installing and programming Latch R and Latch M is simple with Manager App. If you don't have access to Manager App, contact us at email@example.com.
Follow these steps in order:
1. Add a device
Once you have installed the Latch device, you need to add and save the device's information:
- Open the Manager App
- Select the ‘New Door’ icon in the top right corner
- You’ll then be prompted to scan the QR Code on the Latch Device
- Scan the QR Code on the back panel of the device on the inside of the door
- Select the desired Portfolio & Property Information of the property you are installing in
2. Assign or create a door
- If you have pre-created a door in Latch Manager you can assign it by selecting 'Door Name'
- If you have not pre-created the door you create a door
- Enter the door or apartment name
- Select the door type. Learn more about door types.
3. Set-Up the device
Requires at least 20% battery life on battery-powered devices
- Select the latest firmware version
- You’ll then be prompted to go through the Set-Up Process
- Select ‘Start’
- The Latch Device should then start updating. (Note: the update can take 10-15 min, do not step away from the device or navigate out of the Manager app)
- Once successful, select 'Next'
4. Test unlock
- You will then be prompted to test unlock by tapping ‘Tap to unlock’
- Check that the device unlocked and the door opened
- Select ‘Next’
- Select ‘Finish’
1a. Configuring Latch R
To finish programming Latch R, you need to configure a few settings:
- Once you have saved the device's information (see 'Adding a Device' above) navigate to the device list screen
- Select the device you installed
- Select 'Configure'
- Select the appropriate relay configuration for the device.
- Normally open: Sets the Latch R relay to be normally open
- Normally closed: Sets the Latch R relay to be normally closed
- Panel: Select if you are connecting Latch R to an existing access control panel.
- If you are connecting to a panel, enter the Facility Code and Card ID for a card that unlocks the panel at all times and days
- Select the re-lock time
- If you have connected ethernet to the device, toggle it on
- If you require static ethernet configuration, toggle to static mode, and enter the subnet mask, gateway, and IP address
- Save configuration
If you need to change the configuration of a Latch R:
- Navigate to the devices list
- Select 'Configure'
- Re-configure the settings and save
1b. Configuring Latch C
Latch C needs to be told what the door handing is in order for its motor to drive in the correct direction.
- Select 'Left' or 'Right' for the door handing