Welcome to your smartest install yet. Installing and programming Latch R, Latch M, and Latch C2 is simple with Manager App. If you don't have access to Manager App, contact us at email@example.com.
Follow these steps in order:
1. Add a device
Once you have installed the Latch device, you need to add and save the device's information:
- Open the Manager App
- Select the ‘New Door’ icon in the top right corner
- You’ll then be prompted to scan the QR Code on the Latch Device
- Scan the QR Code on the back panel of the device on the inside of the door
- Select the desired Portfolio & Property Information of the property you are installing in
2. Assign or create a door
- If you have pre-created a door in Latch Manager you can assign it by selecting 'Door Name'
- If you have not pre-created the door you create a door
- Enter the door or apartment name
- Select the door type. Learn more about door types.
3. Set-Up the device
Requires at least 20% battery life on battery-powered devices
- Select the latest firmware version
- You’ll then be prompted to go through the Set-Up Process
- Select ‘Start’
- The Latch Device should then start updating. (Note: the update can take 10-15 min, do not step away from the device or navigate out of the Manager app)
- Once successful, select 'Next'
4. Test unlock
- You will then be prompted to test unlock by tapping ‘Tap to unlock’
- Check that the device unlocked and the door opened
- Select ‘Next’
- Select ‘Finish’
5. Test lock
- Depending on device and configuration, the door will re-lock after 5s (Latch R), 10s (Latch M, Latch C2, Latch R), or when the lens is tapped (Latch C)
- Make sure that the device re-locks as expected prior to closing and securing the door.
1a. Configuring Latch R
To finish programming Latch R, you need to configure a few settings:
- Once you have saved the device's information (see 'Adding a Device' above) navigate to the device list screen
- Select the device you installed
- Select 'Configure'
- Select the appropriate relay configuration for the device.
- Normally open: Sets the Latch R relay to be normally open
- Normally closed: Sets the Latch R relay to be normally closed
- Panel: Select if you are connecting Latch R to an existing access control panel.
- If you are connecting to a panel, enter the Facility Code and Card ID for a card that unlocks the panel at all times and days
- Select the re-lock time
- If you have connected ethernet to the device, toggle it on
- If you require static ethernet configuration, toggle to static mode, and enter the subnet mask, gateway, and IP address
- Save configuration
If you need to change the configuration of a Latch R:
- Navigate to the devices list
- Select 'Configure'
- Re-configure the settings and save
1b. Configuring Latch C
Latch C needs to be told what the door handing is in order for its motor to drive in the correct direction. Please note this is only true of the Latch C, and not the Latch C2 which is configured mechanically during install.
- Select 'Left' or 'Right' for the door handing