Section: I am installing a Latch Devices:
To install the Water Sensor:
If the water sensor is not pairing:
- Your water sensor is not in pairing mode if the light has a single blink every few seconds.
- To put it in pairing mode, take out the battery and press and hold the button on the underside of the water sensor.
- While holding the button, put the battery in and count to 3.
- Let go of the button. The sensor is in pairing mode if it blinks in rapid succession.
I don’t know if my water sensor successfully paired to the hub:
- In the Latch Manager app, check that the water sensor is showing up in the building devices list.
- If it has successfully paired at least once, the connectivity status will be “Connected.”
- You can test leak detection by placing a finger on both prongs on the underside of the water sensor. The device will beep and any users added to the property, including property managers with device management permissions and phone numbers saved in Latch Manager, will receive an SMS.
If a resident should have received a leak SMS, but didn’t:
- Ensure the correct phone number has been entered on the resident’s People page in Latch Manager.
- If the number listed is correct, contact email@example.com.