First, please review the Latch Leak Detector (Water Sensor) installation guide here (Click here to download).
The following steps cover how to install a Leak Detector. For any questions about this process, please contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add the Leak Detector to the Property and Unit using the Manager App on your iOS device.
- Remove the Leak Detector from the packaging and prepare it for installation. Do not yet insert the battery.
- When you’re ready to begin the pairing process, tap the Pair button on the Manager App. The Hub will enter pairing mode and start to look for the Leak Detector.
- Insert the battery into the Leak Detector and confirm the light on top begins to blink rapidly. The Leak Detector will enter pairing mode for 30 seconds and begin to communicate with the Hub.
- Once paired successfully, you will see a success message in the Latch Manager App
- If deploying the Leak Detector on the floor, the probes should face the floor. If mounting on the wall, connect the external extension probe. Remove the waterproof plug that covers the USB interface and connect the extension water probe to the device.
Note: In order for the sensor to work, both probes on the external extension must have contact with water. Attach the probes to a clean, dry surface using an adhesive pad. Then, adjust the height of the main unit and secure it with an adhesive pad on a clean, dry surface.
If the water sensor is not pairing:
- Your water sensor is not in pairing mode if the light has a single blink every few seconds.
- To put it in pairing mode, take out the battery and press and hold the button on the underside of the water sensor.
- While holding the button, put the battery in and count to 3.
- Let go of the button. The sensor is in pairing mode if it blinks in rapid succession.
I don’t know if my water sensor successfully paired to the hub:
- In the Latch Manager app, check that the water sensor is showing up in the building devices list.
- If it has successfully paired at least once, the connectivity status will be “Connected.”
- You can test leak detection by placing a finger on both prongs on the underside of the water sensor. The device will beep and any users added to the property, including property managers with device management permissions and phone numbers saved in Latch Manager, will receive an SMS.