Inductive Jumpstart allows certain Latch devices (with 3rd Generation Latch Lens) to be powered and unlocked in the event the batteries unexpectedly drain or fail, ensuring that you can access your unit by using a Qi-compatible power bank (such as the one linked here) to power the device.
Inductive Jumpstart is available on all Latch devices with a 3rd generation Latch Lens. To determine if your Latch device has a 3rd generation Latch Lens, select the door in your Latch App and choose 'Device Details.' If the Firmware begins with 'G,' your device would be compatible with Qi charging.
Watch our Inductive Jumpstart training video here or run through the steps below:
- Step 1 - Get a Qi power bank (such as the one linked here or a compatible 2-way power share enabled phone).
- Step 2 - Turn the power bank on and hold the charging coil over the center of the lens. Note that charging coils vary from device to device, but the center is a good bet. It is ok if you need to rotate the thumb turn slightly to get it over the center.
- Step 3 - You will hear a buzz as the device boots up. This means you have found the right location. Keep holding the power bank or phone in power share mode in this location.
- Step 4 - While continuing to power the lens via the power bank, perform a BLE unlock with a device that has Latch App access to the lock. You should hear a click as the device unlocks.
- Step 5 - Once you hear the click, you’re good to remove the power bank and unlock your device.
- Step 6 - Replace the dead batteries before closing and locking the door again. Perform a manual door update.