It's easy to swap out or deactivate a Latch device without causing disruption. Deactivating removes all access from the device, and disassociates it from the door which it was assigned to. Once deactivated, a different door can then be reassigned to the device.
1. Deactivate the Existing Latch Device
- Ensure you have unlock access to the door - if you don't, ask your administrator to give you access. You won't be able to deactivate the door unless a key holding it is assigned to your account.
- Using the Manager App, navigate to the devices list.
- Select the door which you want to deactivate the Latch device from.
- Select 'deactivate.'
2. Activate a New Latch Device on the Door
- Ensure that the door name remains unchanged when programming the new Latch device. This ensures that the right people will still be able to access this door.